Saturday, March 2, 2013

Creepy Shadows/Lighting

 I thought this one looked like Dracula... sort of.
 I like the shadows coming off of they eyelashes.  And the the way all the lines from the light lead to the eye.

 Bears can be creepy right?
This one is my favorite.  I really like emotion it portrays, and the ways the flowers look dead to give it a creepy feeling.
I learned this week that the lighting can effects how a photo feels.  If the light on the subject is softer and bright it will have a nice feeling.  But if there is little light or it is a harsh light on one spot it can give it a dark, creepy feeling.

7 comments:

  1. My favorite one definitely has to be your rose picture! I think it is very well balanced and I love the fact that it is in black and white; that really helps give it the "creepy" feeling. Your utilization of the rule of thirds and emphasis is awesome. The only thing I would maybe suggest is trying out the use of greater contrasts. Maybe having brighter portions of the photo that really contrast with other colors or lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I like the eye one and hand one the best! You used the lighting really well in this assignment. Like Kathryn said, the black and white just adds the the effect. The rule of thirds and symmetry is just awesome! I think that harsh light is good for creepy photos, if used right. Sometimes, soft light is needed too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your photos. I like the eye and the shadow on the wall the best. the way the light shines around the eyes and the shadows it creates makes it look much more creepy. I like the simplicity of the shadow on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the eye and hand one the best too - the stark brightness on the eyelashes and just the look on the face is startling, and the hand fuzziness with the lighting makes it so you can't quite make out where the person is....I think you really excelled this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one with the eye. They were all super creative! I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the flower one and the one with the eye and the dracula one! How did you make that look like dracula?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a good job with making the picture creepy. The one with the eye was really good. The one with the rainy window and the hand is also really creepy. Really nice job on these pictures.

    ReplyDelete